Ancient Irthos: Upon the Ruins of Entioc
The War of Vengeance
The right hand wall tells the story of the god primordial war in the ancient eldir language. Here are some details that Brother Saeyu of the temple of the old ones has about the carvings and writings on the wall.
- Asmodeus was an eldir who became a godling and hated the earthborn. He secretly allied with the frost giant tribes to enslave the earth born. Asmodeus and his cabal of evil godlings conquered the humans who were still living in tribal societies. He gave the simple command, join me or die.
- Asmodeus builds a gateway to the abyss to retrieve the shard of evil. He steals a piece of the shard and forges a divine rod with it and slays one of the old ones. The demons flood the world but are enemies with asmodeus. They seek to have the shard of evil returned and so begins the blood war which rages on to this day between devils and demons.
- Eventually Asmodeus and his cabal was defeated and imprisoned in a domain in the astral sea. This dominion is what is today known as the nine hells.
- The primordials are angered by the actions of asmodeus and begins to unmake the world. The godlings form an allegiance amongst each other to save the world and the old ones creations from destruction.
- The battle between the godlings and primordials shakes the war to its core. Millions of lives are lost in the destruction that follows and countless civilizations fall.
- At the height of the battle in the lands of Cheronogar the primal spirits reveal themselves and lends there power to the godlings to end this war. The godlings kill many of the great primordials and imprison the even greater ones.